Monday, January 17, 2011

Postcards I won't send out.

Another mini project I have embarked on during the holidays, which is to paint on A6 sized watercolour paper which is supposed to be meant as postcards which one can paint on themselves. Well, I really don't intend to send them out, firstly because 我会心痛, and secondly because I never had the habit of sending postcards. I'm wayy to advanced for that. Haha. Internet/phones FTW.





Drawn based on (copied from?) the picture that was on the cover of the watercolourpaper booklet. It's slightly modified to fit the size and fill in parts that were missing.










A slightly abstract vase bursting with flowers of vibrant colours. I started off with doing the 'wet-on-wet' technique, to create the splattering effect in the background. This was very meticulous as I had to leave white spaces for the flowers and vase as watercolour isn't like poster of acrylic, it's quite hard to paint over while maintaining the translucent qualities of this medium.













Well, this is really just a random burst of colours with a b&w frame around it. I actually like how the coloured boxes look wobbly and not very equally divided.

Tedious work FYI :/








At first, this started out as a stained glass window, but it somehow, unknowingly, transformed into a combination of all sorts of patterns, led by my subconsciousness. I'm quite satisfied with the end product, in fact, I LOVE IT!








Kudos to my beloved pink bed which provided such a magnificent backdrop to the pictures :D

No comments:

Post a Comment